In addition to the glossary term below, ACXPA Members also have access to a range of additional resources, including our Member Symposiums & Video Library, premium resources to download, exclusive industry insights & data, discounted training courses and lots more!
Translating and Interpreting Services
Translating and Interpreting Services enable a conversation between two or more parties that communicate using different languages.
And it’s a critical service – The most recent Australian census revealed that Australians were born in almost 200 different countries and speak more than 300 languages!
How much does it cost for consumers?
What’s the difference between Translating and Interpreting services?
How much does it cost for businesses?
- Medical practitioners
- Non-government organisations
- Real estate agencies
- Local government authorities
- Trade unions
How do you find good interpreters?
- maintain professional detachment, impartiality, objectivity and confidentiality
- strive for excellence through continuous regular professional development
- decline work beyond their competence
- promote working conditions, relationships and an understanding of roles that facilitate collaboration and quality service delivery
- adhere to dispute resolution procedures